Sunday, May 2, 2010

Venezia

Then we went to Venice. Venice was awesome. We arrived and parked our car on the other side of the big bridge. We then walked to our hotel which was only like a 5 minute walk. We check in and the climbed the stairs all the way up to our room on the top floor with all our luggage. We got on some lighter clothes since it was really hot and then we went out. We walked down the street where our hotel is looking at all the stores. we went over many bridges as there are canals everywhere and before we decided go back. We went up to the hotel room for a bit then we went fro supper. We found a cool pizza slice place so we decided to get a couples slices and some slushies. We had already bought a 24 hour bus pass so we decided to take the bus over to San Marco. It turned out we got on the wrong bus as it went out to sea then went all the way around Venice. An hour later we arrived at San Marco. We walked over and saw the Bridge of sighs (which was cool except they put an advertisement on the walls that run perpendicular). Then we walked through the little streets looking at stores then we arrived at the Rialto Bridge I thought this bridge was pretty cool. It had stores on the inside then like a look out place where you could watch the boats go by. It was pretty awesome. Me and Chelsea were in a store and when we came out my mom was talking to someone. I went over and I recognized the man's voice I didn't know these people though. I guess he was from Buffalo and he was joking around about how Ottawa always beats them in the playoffs, so I guess he is hockey fan so I am assuming I recognize his voice from like sports radio or something because I listen to team 1200 a lot and they sometimes play American stuff early in the morning so he might be on that sometimes. Well whatever. After that we got on the bus at Rialto and it took us back to the hotel. Except this time it only took 5 minutes because it took teh Grand Canal to our hotel. That night we watched a couple episode of How I Met Your Mother (which is a really funny show, I recommended to everybody) then went to bed. The next morning we got up and walked through the middle part of Venice and when we got to The Rialto Bridge we got on a bus and sat on it for awhile to get off our feet and see the city. Then we got off at our stop and hour later to get some more pizza. Then we went up to our room to go to the bathroom then we took the bus back to San Marco. We walked around like usual and then when back to the hotel. We decided to go back and do the middle part again because we missed a whole section there. On the walk we found like a little dollar store. So I got some key chains for myself, a head message thingy and a piggy back with a 200 euro bill on it. Then we took the bus back home. We grabbed some supper at the same place and went back up to our hotel and watched How I Met Your Mother and then went to bed. The next morning I checked the score of sens game. They had won. I was so happy but it only lasted 2 days(I'll talk about that later). Then we went for a walk on our section again. My mom's feet started to hurt again so she sat on a bridge for a while and I kept going. I walked pretty far down the road then I came back. Then we packed up and left. We missed our tun and went on a 40 minute detour but it was fine we got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment