Sunday, May 16, 2010

Serento and Siena

Okay everything is really backed up so I will be writing about our Sorento/Pompeii trip. So we got up at 6 am which meant I only got like 2 or 3 hours of sleep the whole night because I was listening to the Saint John Seadogs game. They lost...but the Seadogs did come back to tie the series 2-2 but then they lost the next 2 games, and that is why The Moncton Wildcats are in Memorial Cup Tournament and not the Seadogs. Well I guess I better start talking about European stuff. haha. So were on the road by 7:00 and we got to Sorento at about 12:00. We got into our Hotel that was suppose to have a really nice pool. The pool was nice, but it was empty. So we complained and they gave us a voucher to go down the street to a different hotel's pool. Then me, Chelsea and my mom went down to the pool but not before eating lunch. We were walking down the street and I said this one looks good. It said slice and drink for 3,50 euro. But we decided to go to this other place so we could sit down. We ordered a pizza for all of us and som fries and some drinks. When the pizza came I was completely turned off by it. It was shaped like a bowl and filled with olive oil. Grossest pizza I have ever had. The funny thing about it was we went to the other place the next night and theirs was way better. After that disgusting lunch we walked down to the pool. We walked in and I was very happy to see that theirs was even batter then our hotels pool. So I got in first. I jumped because I knew it would be cold and man was it ever. After that it was fine and I swam around a bit and decided to get out right when Chelsea was getting in. I told Chelsea that once she got in I would get back in. 15 minutes later I got back in. Me and Chelsea swam around a bit and then a women came over and started to talk to us. She was from Atlanta. I asked her about the Thrashers but she just said that she went to the Braves and the basketball team(whoever they are). She did say that she went to some Atlanta Flames games when they were there. After that we got out, changed and went back to the hotel. We rested for an hour or 2 then went out for supper. We walked around downtown Sorento for awhile just kinda looking around then we found a nice little pizza stand type thingy and there was this young girl that spoke very good english. It turns out her mom is British and her father is Italian. Pretty cool. Then we kept walking. I found this sweet awesome shirt that is black and has the superman logo in Gold. I just had to buy it, especially since it was only 7 euros. Then we walked back to the hotel. We watched some Punk'd, then some How I Met Your Mother on my computer then we went to bed. In the morning we got up and went to Pompeii. We took the train because there is lots of traffic and we probably would have paid more for parking then the actual tickets for the train. We got there got our tickets and went in. We had some guides and what things were and it was fun at the start but then it was all the same to me. We walked into one little house thingy and then another identical and another and another. I am glad I can say I went to Pompeii but it was one of the boringest places since I've arrived in Europe. Another thing that made it hard is that it was all dirt roads and it was windy and my face was full of old and dirt the whole time. Not pleasant. Then we went back to Sorento and did the same thing as the night before and it was fun. The nest day why got up and I had toast with delicious Kraft Peanut Butter that my sweet Grammie brought for me(Thank you Grammie :D) in the toaster that we brought from Florence. Then we got in the car and drove back.

I will just continue now instead doing another post. At the end of this one you will be completely up to date. So we got back and the next day we went to the airport at 9:00 am and picked up my daddy. It was so nice to see him again. We got home and he opened his suit case and he had 2 big bags of Ketchup Chips. He also had some candy for us but that was nothing compared to the chips. We had a lazy day all day because of my dads jet lag. The next day we went out and decided to got to the museum San Marco and since we got this family pass we get in free. It was pretty cool but a little boring. Then we went over to the museum with the David in it(I forget the name of the museum) We just looked at the David then left. Then my mom and my sister got on a bus and me and my dad walked home. So in the last week me and my dad and my mom(and sometimes Chelsea) have been walking down town and just walking around and sometimes going into some museums. So far I have been to the Uffizi twice and then the David place and San Marco once. We will be going to the Santa Croce with tomb of Michelangelo and back to the David place again. Me and my mom have also been to a photograph museum. That one was funner than most museums. So other than going down town a lot we have done much other than that except for 2 days ago. 2 days ago we went to Siena. A very cool place. When we got there it was really hard to find a parking spot. We finally found one and there was a guy from Lichtenstein or Luxembourg in his car and he was moving up and he spot about half-way between 2 spots. Then my dad got out and just asked if he could move up into the spot so we could get in behind him. He moved up but not very far. My mom tried like 3 times to get into the spot but she couldn't when we drove away we looked in front of his car and he had abut 3 feet of room. Now we hate all Lichtensteinians or Luxembourgians. We are still trying to figure out what his license plate was. So then we found another spot just up the street from him. We walked into Siena and looked around a bit, went into the post office(My dad wanted to see what they looked like...that's my dad) and then ended up at this big square. My dad spotted the Gelato place and so we went over and Chelsea and my dad got some Gelato. Then we walked over to thier Duomo thingy and me and my dad raced up the huge stairs(He just beat me because he started of slow and then went fast at the end but I did the opposite) Then we looked around up there and the kept walking. We found a good pizza place a decided to get a couple slices. The were big slices so by the end we were just feeding the pigeons. That was fun though. My dad said he would give me 50 bucks if I could catch a pigeon in Siena. So the whole walk back to the car I was trying to catch a pigeon. The reason I thought I could do this was because 4 days earlier we were sitting on a bench in Florence and a pigeon came by and I stuck my hand out and it hit my hand straight on. It freaked out hit my dad in the face with its wing and then flew in the other direction. It was pretty hilarious but had I closed my hand when he hit I would have caught it. So back to Siena. I am slowly cornering pigeons and then reaching for them but they always seem to get away. So we got in the car and my dad said he would give me 10 dollars if he catch one before we leave. I will keep you updated on the pigeon situation but so far its like pigeons-30 Liam-0. So after Siena we decided to make stop in San Gimignano since it was my favorite place in Italy. My sister and my dad just sat out and read in the park and me and my mom went into the little walled in town. We saw this huge cricket and a bunch of lizards but in particular there was this one that was short and brown and fat. He was also really rough like a toad. He was really cool. Then we walked around and went in some stores and then left but not before I got this bread stick thing. Then name had ravioli in it so I thought it would be filled with something gross but it was empty and delicious. If I ever go back I am getting one of those again. Then we left and went back home. The first thing I did when I got home was check the Canada-Norway game they won 12-1 and it was nice to see that Eberle played well. Then me and my mom watched Survivor. It was a good episode. We are really excited for the Finale that is tonight...but we don't get to see it till tomorrow morning. We bet on what order the final 5 would be in. I said from 1-5 Jerri,Parvati(or Russell depending on if its final 2 or 3) then Russell (or Parvati), Colby, Sandra. My mom picked Sandra,Parvati (or Russell), Russell(or Parvati),Jerri,Colby and my dad picked Colby,Parvati(or Russell) Russell(or Parvati) Sandra, Jerri. So we all think That Russell will get to the very end and lose because the Jury hates him. Then the next day we all decided to got to the mall because they had a good candy store. We got some candy and some groceries and then got out of their because it was a Zoo. Then we went home and I wrote this because our internet went out for 3 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment