Monday, May 3, 2010

Hockey in Europe

So when we got back from Venice and the only thing I was thinking about was the Sens. So the next night I stayed up till 3:00 am to watch Ottawa blow a 3 goal lead and lose in Overtime. I was really disappointed but I got over it pretty quick and fell asleep. The next morning(it was actually the afternoon) I tried not think about it. I was able to forget about over the next few days because my team in Saint John was doing really well. I listen to their semi-final game 6 and they won 7-1 which was awesome but now there playing their provincial rivals the Moncton Wildcats in the first all maritime finals. They are down 2-0 in the series in a very embarrassing fashion. the first game was 5-1 and the second was 9-3...very embarrassing. But I will continue with what I have done in Europe.
So a couple days after Venice we decided to go find a beach. There was a man made lake just down the road about 45 minutes and when we got there we stopped at one spot to find out it had not beach just water and grass. So we looked at a map and found a place that had a beach. We got there to find out it was all rocks and the water was really cold but we stayed. We later moved off the rocks to this surf board thing that people use to learn how to surf on. It was much more comfortable. While we were there Chelsea called us over to where she was sitting because she said she saw a lizard and shur enough there it was. A cute little green lizard thingy. So I tried to catch it. I used a stick to get him out of his little hiding spot and he ran by me and underneath the building. Thinking there was only 1 I kept looking under the building but then I turned around and there were 3 or 4 lizard in the same kind of hiding spots. So I would try and catch them but they were always to fast and they would go under into there little hiding spot. So kind of gave up and went back to the surf board. I read for a bit but then we decided to leave I went back over to where the lizards to try and catch 1 one last time and I launched my hand at him and he turn around to go down his hiding spot and his tail came up and I grabbed it. He thrashed around for a bit but then he just relaxed and I showed to Chelsea and and my mom and then I went back to where I found him and I put him in my hand and lower him down and he sat there for a bit before running it to his home again. Then we got in the car and left.
Then a couple days later we drove to Arezzo. Where the beginning of It's a Beautiful Life was filmed and where the background of the Mona Lisa is. On the way there we saw a place Called THE MALL we didn't stop but we though about it. We kept driving and saw a little like market thingy, more like a garage sale. We stopped and looked at it and they had all these lighters and I picked 1 up that had dice on it but I didn't really know it was a lighter and I was looking at the top and it had a little silver thing and I pushed it and the flame shot up almost touching my face. It was pretty funny. But then at the end of the thing it had like German war pins and like hats and the Russian hammer logo thingy so we got out of there. We kept going and got to Arezzo. We found parking and walked into the kind of walled area. We stopped at this little automatic bathroom. This bathroom was the grossest bathroom ever. It was so dirty you couldn't wash your hand because so were risking hepatitis from the dozens of used needles in the sink. After that horrible experience we walked down kind of main street. We went in a few stores and kept walking. At the top there was a big park with a snack place. So we had lunch there. After that we walked down into this square and it had a little sign that had pictures of the scenes where It's a beautiful life was filmed. It was pretty cool because we were right where it was filmed. pretty cool. Then we walked down to the roman runes and looked at them then we walked to the car and left, but not before stopping at McDonalds for some sweet and sour sauce( or Chinese sauce or Suss sauce). On the way home we decided to stop at THE MALL It wasn't what we that it was. It was just Dolce and Gebana and Gucci and things like that. So we got out of there pretty quick.
A couple days later we went to see a double feature at the movies. It was Iron Man and Iron Man 2. I like the first one better but the second one was still pretty awesome. When we got out of the second we realized why all the Bands were seting up before the first movie. It was insomnia night. The Night where the whole town goes down town and listens to bands, (most) get drunk and stay up all night. We made it to 2:00 am. Then we went home and went to sleep.
Now it's a couple days later and I am in the Car driving to our hotel in Sorrento. We are planning on going up the big Volcano there. I would spell it but I know I would get it wrong and I know you guys know what I am talking about. Then going swimming in our pool. These plans aren't finalized...we might not go swimming after going up, we might swim before and after. Talk to ya later.

No comments:

Post a Comment