Saturday, April 24, 2010

Long time, no writing

Wow, It has been a very long time since I have last posted. I guess I am having to much fun. Okay lets see where I left of. So the first thing we did since my last post was go up to the coast of Italy. We drove up and found a pretty cool beach but the water was still cold so we just sat around for a bit. Then we decided to drive up to Pisa. We got there and drove around for a while looking for the leaning tower of Pisa. After going in circles a couple times we decided to park and ask someone. We stopped at the train station and found a map, We got some pizza and the we went to the leaning tower. It was really cool. There were a lot of people pretending to hold it up. It was pretty funny. Then we went to the bathroom and went home.

Our house is really cool. Not really the house though more like the neighborhood. We live really close to the Soccer stadium so after soccer games every one leaves on our street and since most of the population has scooter and motorcycles, It is just a big wave of scooter and motorcycles. It gets really funny when a car or bus comes the other way because scooter will always drive on the wrong side of the road and the bus has squeeze by them it is hilarious. Also every morning there is a market down at the stadium. Also if we ever want to go downtown the bus stop is right across the street.

So between the time of my last post and now we have gone downtown pretty often. There is a movie theater down there that plays english movies so we have seen Chloe, Fantastic Mr. Fox and Shutter Island. I would have to say Shutter Island was my favorite but it left me with a lot of questions at the end. While we are downtown we usually walk around for a bit. After we saw Shutter Island me and my mom went to the photography museum for a bit. It was pretty fun but it took a long time.

We have also been of to the Piazza Michelangelo(The place with the fake David) a few times the last time we went was at night and we got a glimpse of the sun set and then watched a couple episode of How I met Your Mother in the car on my computor. Then we got out and saw the city at night then went home.

A couple days later we went to a place called San Gimignano. It was only like an hour away so it wasn't a very long drive. The place was very cool. It was built inside these big walls. The first thing we did when we got there was go to the bathroom. Which was actually the funniest part of the day. Most bathrooms in Italy you have to pay like 0,50 euros and it is a machine that takes it. so my mom was trying to put in the money and the lady behind her is trying to help her put money in and telling what to do and my mom is says rudely "I GOT IT" Everyone outside the Bathroom looked at me the kid wearing the Canada shirt. I think we changed there stereotypical view of Canadians. HAHA. Well after that we walked down and got some pizza and then went to the torture museum. This place was pretty cool but creepy. Then there was another one down the street that was included in our ticket. This one was the execution museum. We walked in a right away we knew it was different then the last one. The last one kind of explained what they did and showed the device they used but this one had like life size sculptures of what they did. We got out of that one fast. We just zipped through saw everything and got our. After that we shopped a bit then Chelsea got some gelato and I got a slushie. Then we got in our car right as it started pouring rain.

So before my dad left I had said I would go out alone all the time. Well 2 weeks later I hadn't gone out alone. We were talking to my dad about a week ago and he made fun of me for not going out alone. So The next day I grabbed a bus ticket some money and left. When I got the the bus stop I saw the bus turn the corner I walked out to the side of the street and put my hand up like every other person that usually catches the bus there. The bus driver looked at my and kept driving. So I waited for another bus and when it came there was another lady there we were both standing at different doors and he only opened her door, so I ran to her door and got on. I guess bus drivers don't like kids. Continuing with story, I got to my stop got out and walked down the street. It is a big street that goes down to the big church in the middle of Florence. When I got near the church I decided to go down this street that has this market set up with a bunch of like souvenirs and Nick-Nacks. After that I walked around the church then looked around for bit then went home. I will stop there. Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment