Friday, March 26, 2010

I Love Skiing(Couldn't think of a title)

The next day we decided to go down our mountain to a different skiing hill...in Bad Kleinkirchhiem. Chelsea didn't come because she wasn't feeling very well. We got there rented our skis, got our passes and we were off. We took a gondola up about half-way up the hill and then got on a chairlift. We got off the chairlift and started skiing. The first run I was terrified. The runs were quite steep and it was intimidating but after that run I was fine. We did a few runs of those and the took the chairlift to the top. It was an amazing view up there. We took some pictures and then went down the run.
We got to the middle where the chairlift is and decided to more of those runs. By the end of the day the snow was really crappy and so I fell but not bad and I got up and kept going and then fell again. After that fall I was going slow taking my time and then it wasn't a very steep part so I went a little faster and then I face planted. It didn't hurt but it made me angry I got up and went to the chairlift(different chairlift actually at the bottom of the hill) I didn't want to do another run but my dad made me so we went up again. We took a long break at the top and I tried to dry my soaking wet clothes in the sun.after about a half hour we went down again(different route...to go back to our car. The snow at the start was fine but after that there were moguls all over the hill. It was almost impossible to ski through them, but we did. Then we got on the gondola to take us down to our car. We got our car got some groceries and went back up to the lodge. That night me, my dad and Kathy(Pronounced cat-y) Went in the sauna. After our 15 minutes we got out and rolled in the snow. after that I just watched some of the many movies and T.V Shows I have on my computer. We mostly just packed the next day. Then we got up the next morning and we were on our way To Rastatt, Germany. We got some breakfast at the bakery as usual and we kept going.I watched the first episode of How I Met Your Mother and a bunch of other TV shows before we arrived in Dachau. We first went to there city and walked around a bit. We found a dollar store(or a euro store) and was able to find Rolos. So we got some of those and little things like headphones for Chelsea and batteries for my mom and we left. We then went to there concentration camp. This concentration camp was the first one that held prisoners. We went in and saw the famous sign above the door "Arbeit Machts Frie" In English it is "Work Makes You Free" We kept going and went into the museum which was built by prisoners in the thirties. Inside they talked about all the torturing and first hand accounts from people who were imprisoned. After about an hour we went back to the car. We stopped at McDonalds on the way and got some food and left. We got to the hotel quite a while later because the traffic was horrible. We hardly broke 30 on the autobahn. In that time though I was able to watch Rain Man. It is a great movie. We got all settled in our huge amazing room( It has a walk in closet for all our suitcases, a bathroom a separate shower and bath, a king size bed, 2 singles, a desk with a TV, a pullout couch, 2 arm chairs, a kind of coffee table and a fridge. They also gave us a bunch of internet cords so that we can use the internet here. After that we went out to find some place to eat. We almost settled on Burger King when a Chinese place caught our eyes. It was a buffet too. So we did the buffet thing. It was awesome. We came home and I took a bath and watched some TV on my computer then went to bed. Now I am awake and typing this and anxious to see my Grammie. She should be here in about 4 and a half hours...Yay. Thank you for reading, Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment