Monday, March 22, 2010

Chilling and Relaxing

I have decided to split up these posts because they will be very long. We got in and I was happy to find out that the Other Family was giving me and Chelsea the good room(It has a king bed and then a little ladder up to like another room with a double bed). The lodge also has these really comfy chairs. The Family we are with has 2 kids as well. One 2 year old girl and One 4 year old boy. The boy is know skiing and very well and the girl is a little cutie who calls me big boy. After getting settled I opened my computer and start downloading. I checked back 10 minutes later to find out a lot of my things had downloaded. The Internet connection was great. So I download as much as I could. The next day we chillaxed. We sat around and did nothing. The next day though we went skiing. We rented our skis and got onto the hill. It had been a year since I had skied so I was doing a lot of Pizza cutting. We stayed till about 2:00 pm then walked back home. I decided to go in the sauna that night. It was great. I stayed in for 15 minutes at 85 degrees Celsius then I ran outside and rolled in the snow. It was actually refreshing. The next day we got up and went to Salzburg. The birth place of Mozart and where The Sound of Music was filmed. We walked to the old part of town and found a market and my family found a hot dog place(well really a sausage place) and they got hot dogs but I decided to wait and find something else. The funny thing is though the market went around a Church where they filmed a piece of The Sound of Music. We kept walking and found a grave yard. We looked around and found some catacombs when we were leaving my mom asked some random person if they knew where the Mozart family tomb was. It turned out it was right at the entrance to the catacombs. We kept going and went by a very creepy mime type person. He was very creepy though and because of that my dad gave him money...as usually. On they back to the car we went and saw the house where mozart grew up. Then on the way we decided to walk through a park. There was a fountain there too and we sat there for a while and then walked up these stairs and got to the car and left. Turns out that is where the kids run down the stairs and around the fountain singing Do,ra,mi. We stopped at the gocery store to pick up a couple of things. Mostly the bake your own baguettes because thats what we've been eating every morning. We didn't anything for a couple of days but then we went skiing again. This time though Chelsea didn't come because she was sick(of skiing) We got our skis again this time they were different though and we were on our way. The first run down was mostly pizza cut but then it was all straight skis for me. It was really fun when I could actually ski with my skis straight(I like to set the bar low). Again I went home at around 2:00pm. The funny thing was the guy there had given us good skis. So I was a better skier with the better skis...ironic. The next day we went to Graz. The 2nd biggest city in Austria. We got there and parked then looked for a place to eat. We turned a corner and guess what we saw...a Subway. I was so happy. I got the Chicken sandwich thingy. It was good. We then walked down to this shopping place and found Gelato. I decided to get some this time. I got 2 scoops. 1 cookies and cream the other Raspberry. Then we kept walking and found a tunnel that went down through a little mountain. It turned out it was a bomb shelter that could hold 50,000 people. It was big because it had little branches that went out for more people to fit. Half way down we found a little side branch with elevators. We went up to the top of where the elevators went too and then just kept walking till we got to the top of the hill. It was a very beautiful view and we saw these odd shaped thinks in the river it was like a building the middle of the river. We went down and checked it out. It was actually a pretty non-fancy restaurant and it had this play thingy that was all ropes but a maze with a slide at the end. Me and Chelsea did it in about 2 minutes...It was very fun though. We then walked back to our car and left. We did stop at McDonald's though to pick up some more Chinese sauce. Then When we got back to around where we are staying we got some groceries and went out for supper. The next(Which is today) We sat around some more. But I used my time wisely and learned some German. I can know speak to people in German about important things like where bathrooms are and How much something is.

No comments:

Post a Comment